Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Goth Challenge, Day 9, 10, 11

I decided to yet again, group three days of the Goth Challenge into one.  I'm trying to play catch up, and some of these questions, I can answer very briefly.  


Day 9: What genre of music do you dislike?

I'm not fond of rap, hip hop, or country.  For some reason, I can't stand listening to anything of the like.  I'm not sure because it's the sound that bothers me, or the lyrics, or both, but I'm just not a big fan.  Don't get me wrong, I have some top 40 hits that I secretly like, but when one of the three genre show up, I either turn it off, or have to listen to something else.


Day 10: What do you hate and love about the subculture?


Hate:


  • How expensive clothes and accessories can be, even if you DIY sometimes.
  • Elitist's attitudes, like people who say that you aren't a real goth, or not goth enough.
  • The negative stereotypes attached to goth.
  • People who know you wear a lot of black, have the need to point out the fact that you are indeed wearing color, and are amazed that you can wear something other than black.  Yes, even other goths point this out.
  • The clothing are targeted towards thinner people.  Even if you find an online store for plus sized goths, you have to pay out the nose, and it can be extremely expensive. 


Love:


  • The music and fashion, along with the literature, and art.
  • The outfits that people put together, and the effort they  put into them.
  • The community and how nice it is to find people with similar interests.
  • You don't have to feel pressured to impress a fellow goth to talk to them.  You just have to go talk to them. 





Day 11: Is Goth a lifestyle for you?


This is something that I really haven't gave much thought on.  It does play a big part of my life, but it's not to the level where it becomes my whole life.  I have a lot more going on than doing spooky things all the time, no matter how much I love the subculture.  So pretty much, I love the subculture, it's nice to get involved with it, but I don't let it consume me to the point where it becomes obsessive.





No comments:

Post a Comment