Thursday, May 24, 2012

DIY With Bleach

I think most of us had experience with DIY with bleach, or at the very least, know what happens when bleach gets onto dark, or colored clothes.  I've seen quite a few interesting designs on clothes, where people used bleach.  I even did one of my own, with some pretty nice results.  There are a few things to remember while using bleach though:

  • Bleach is a chemical, so be responsible while using it.  This should really be obvious, but I felt the need to say it, just in case.  Also, take precautions.  Use a news paper, or cardboard for easy mess cleanup, and to make sure that the areas you don't want bleach on, is covered.
  • When using bleach, it's best used by spraying it from a bottle, and using a stencil to guide where you spray.  I used a cheap paint brush to apply bleach, and little did I know, the bleach ate my brush's bristles.  There was nothing left by the time I got done with my DIY project.  The moral of the story, don't use paintbrushes with bleach.  The bristles will disenigrate.
  • After bleaching, I would let it dry for a few hours, then I would wash it.  After that, you can wear it proudly.

No comments:

Post a Comment