Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Goth Challenge, Day 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, and 20

I really want to finish up these goth challenges, because I'm really behind.  So, in order to do that, I'm going to group together five days per post, which means that I will only have to do three posts.  It makes a lot more sense.


Day 15: Your favorite or most expensive item in your wardrobe

I'm pretty sure that the most expensive item in my wardrobe is my Tripp pants, as much as I'd hate to admit that I wear them from time to time, though, they aren't my favorite.  I'm not sure which is my favorite to be perfectly honest.  I like my clothes, but I'm not super emotionally attached to them (though if I do get a hole in one of my dress shirts, I will go ballistic).  My favorite accessory, however, I can answer easily.  It's a beautiful silver snake bracelet that my boyfriend gave me for my birthday.


Day 16: What's the most casual you've ever dressed?

This one is very easy.  I wear a pair of jeans, flip flops, and an anime t-shirt, for casual wear, or when I'm going to the store.  I wear no make up, I don't bother doing my hair, except for brushing it.  I actually look pretty normal when I'm running late for an appointment.


Day 17: Your favorite goth brand?

I'm not sure, I don't really pay attention to goth brands much (though I do have a few things from Tripp).  I like clothing that is flattering to my body type, and doesn't look tacky, nor like I'm trying to be a rebellious teenager.  I do recommend Dysfunctional Doll, for accessories.


Day 18: Worst hair experience?

Once, I tried styling my hair to look more rockabilly.  It worked, but because of the length of my hair, it was less rockabilly, and it made me look like Michelle Pfeiffer, when she was playing Catwoman in Batman Returns.  It was about the same length, and made my hair look really poofy.


Day 19: Share beauty advice and take a picture of your makeup

I'm not wearing makeup today, so no pictures, but I will share some makeup tips.

  • Make sure that you know how to wear eyeliner correctly.  I don't mean not to experiment with it, because everyone should, but if you wear too much, it could make you look like a raccoon, and people might miss the good job you did with your eye shadow, because they're too busy paying attention to the eyeliner.  With that being said, don't go overboard with the corner eye designs too, that can be just as bad.  If you're a baby bat, then it's the perfect time to learn how to correctly apply eyeliner.  
  • Experiment with different styles.  It doesn't matter if they turn out good or bad, experiment and find out what works best for you.
  • There is nothing wrong with not wearing makeup once in a while.  Actually, it's nice to go without makeup some days.
  • When you use white foundation, apply it tastefully, and don't look like a ghost, unless that's what your going for.  Having a pale look is great, but it's just bad when you're white as a ghost.



Day 20: If you could dye your hair any color, what would it be?

Lately I've been getting into reds and purples, and a year ago, I had a mix of the two for a hair color.  I have to say, it came out awesomely, and not what you would expect from the two.  

No comments:

Post a Comment