Thursday, May 24, 2012

Goth Challenge, Day 21, 22, 23, 24, 25

Happy late goth day everyone!  I hope that everyone had enjoyed the spooky day as much as I did.  For this segment, I'll be busy completing the goth challenge.

Day 21: What body mod do you have, or have you considered?

While I do like some people's body mods (and they do look quite artful), I have never been the type to want to do much of it.  It's a personal choice, I'm content with my ear piercings.  If I do choose to get a body mod done, maybe either a nose piercing, or another ear piercing would be nice.  I had considered getting a tattoo, but then I remember that I'm fearful of needles, so I don't think I'll be getting one of those anytime soon.


Day 22: If you could attend any goth event, what would it be?

Right now, I think any goth event would be a good one.  Living at an area where there aren't any goths my age (unless you want to count baby bats, but I'm older than that, so it would be a little awkward), and the closest thing remotely promoting alternative subcultures, is a Hot Topic, it gets a little aggravating.  I have considered making my own goth event, but sadly, I don't think I can get a goth friendly event group to help out, especially at a place where goth isn't welcome.


Day 23: Your favorite artist or photographer?

I don't look at enough photography to really know who my favorite is.  As for art, I like some of the classic artists, Picasso, van Gogh, but other than that, I don't pay attention to new artists as much.  I pay more attention to the pieces, and if I like it.


Day 24: Name the best websites for goths

I haven't been many goth websites.  If I had to pick one, I would say Blogspot.  It's not exactly a goth website, but there are a lot of goths on it, and a lot of goth blogs are very helpful for baby bats, and elder goths alike.  It's a nice place to share beauty tips, fashion, and advice for everyday goths.  


Day 25: Did you ever consider leaving the subculture?

Yes and no.  A few years back, I wasn't happy about how things were going, and I had just started college.  College was frustrating at times, the workload and exams were harsh enough, but making new college friends was tough too.  I decided to still be my spooky self, but try to dress in a more mature, goth way.  I never truly left the subculture, but I reinvented myself to be mature, instead of looking like a rebellious baby bat.  I figured out that I can still be goth, but I can also be a mature adult about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment