Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Goth Challenge, Day 12, 13, 14

I really do hate allergy season.  I'm busy sniffling up a storm, and I really hope that the pollen will stop soon.  On another note,I'm still trying to play catch up with this challenge, so I think for now on, I'll just group days together.  

Day 12: What is your gothic inspiration?

This is another hard question to answer, and one that I haven't gave much thought.  While growing up, there weren't many inspirations for goth.  I was going off of TV shows, and cartoons that had goths in them, so I was pretty limited with inspiration.

  If I have to choose one person as my gothic inspiration, it would be a mix between Morticia Adams and Lily Munster.  Both women dress elegantly, have well put together make up, and have wonderful personalities that goes against the negative goth stereotypes.  There is no doubt in my mind that both women make great gothic role models, and it's no wonder why someone would be inspired by them.  

Coming at a close second, is Lydia Deetz.  I appreciated the fact that she was a young goth, who's personality also defied negative goth stereotypes.  She knows that she's different, but she doesn't let the non goths bother her with their comments.  I liked how she was friends with people just as spooky as she was, and had fun with them, instead of worrying what everyone thought about her.  Her clothing choice isn't half bad either.


Day 13: What was your first band t-shirt?

I'm still waiting on that one.  I really want to see Inkubus Sukkubus, and I love their music, so I just might search around the internet for a t-shirt featuring them.


Day 14: What was your best and worse DIY disaster?

Best:

I have trouble thinking about my best DIY project.  If I really have to pick one, I would say my shirt that I had to sew fishnet onto.  Fishnet alone is a difficult fabric to work with, and I was going nuts sewing it onto the shirt.  It seemed that every five minutes, I ran into either a snag, or something went wrong with the fishnet material, so you can imagine how much of a victory it was to complete such a task.  I altered the shirt about a year ago, and the fishnet is still holding up like new.

Worse:

I was given a long, black dress, which was a pretty material.  I had a vision for a spooky dress, cutting the bottom to make fringes.  Well, I got sick of the fringes, and cut them off.  Then when I went to measure the length of the dress, it was too short for me to wear, so I had to scrap it.  I really wished that I would have drawn out the design first, before cutting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment