Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Goth Challenge, Day 1

1: How did you come across the subculture?

I was in 6th grade, when the term goth was throne around.  A friend and I liked to wear black a lot, without knowing what it was.  One of our classmates called my friend a goth, which I had to ask them what is it.  They defined a goth as someone who dresses in black all the time.  I thought that it was something unique, and researched goth.

What I found, made me wander about it more.  I found out that people interested in goth, had the same appreciation for the beauty and the romance in the dark side of life.  I was ecstatic that there were people like me, because where I lived, I was use to being the only person who loved things that weren't mainstream (besides my friend, to some extent).  The more I researched goth, the more I wanted to be part of that culture, and the more I loved the aesthetics.  That was when I started my transformation into a baby bat.

No comments:

Post a Comment