Thursday, January 3, 2013

Book Review: The Wiccan Year

I had this book for quite a while (and refer to it quite frequently when an upcoming wiccan holiday is about to roll around.  I like how the author goes deeper than saying what each of the holidays mean.  She goes in and explains each of the myth behind the holiday, what ancient wiccans use to do to celebrate, different recipes you could make, and more.  I have a lot of beginner books that feature the Sabbits (wiccan holidays) and they're good for a small explanation of what they're about, but the books themselves don't go into much detail.  

As I said before, I use this book as a reference guide to upcoming sabbits, so I can get prepared ahead of time.  I like having a solid guide, because it has everything that I need to know.  One thing I wish it had more of, were the arts and crafts for each sabbit.  For each one, they only give one example of a craft you can do for that holiday.  I wish they had more activities, because it's a good way to channel your wiccan energy, and to celebrate.  If you do buy this book, it's good for information, but if you're looking for crafts to do during a certain holiday, your best bet is to look on the internet.

I think this book is a deserving 8/10.  For more information, here's a link to The Wiccan Year, By: Judy Ann Nock.

No comments:

Post a Comment